November 11, 2010
For Immediate Release
Adopt a Senior Month
Top Five Reasons to Adopt a Senior Companion Animal
MILWAUKEE – The Wisconsin Humane Society currently has many adoptable senior companion animals
looking for homes. Think a sweet senior animal might be the perfect companion for you? Check out the Wisconsin Humane Society’s top five reasons to adopt a senior animal:
5. Older animals know the ropes. They're patient and wise, making it easier to assimilate them into a new home.
4. Mature animals may often give you some time to yourself, as their physical demands are not as high.
3. Older animals can learn very quickly. Their ability to focus is leaps and bounds ahead of those impetuous puppies and kittens.
2. Like all dogs and cats, senior animals have been spayed or neutered, microchipped, given initial vaccinations and a health exam.
1. Senior animals will return the love that you give them tenfold!
For more information on adopting a senior animal from the Wisconsin Humane Society please call 414-ANIMALS or visit www.wihumane.org.
# # #